Re: [all] Notes on the draft

On Wed, 2012-10-17 at 17:26 +0200, Jirka Kosek wrote:
> On 17.10.2012 15:56, Shaun McCance wrote:
>
> > I ran into this as well while testing Jits. I can tell you that the
> > DOM APIs in JavaScript do not map HTML to the XHTML namespace. If
> > there's discrepancy on this, we need to be very clear in the spec
> > what we expect out of HTML implementations.
>
> Are you sure? HTML spec requires this and quick test proved that current
> browsers do it -- on each HTML element namespaceURI property returns
> http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml

Fascinating. I just tested. Both of the following work in Firefox 16:

<its:translateRule selector="//code" translate="no"/>

<its:translateRule selector="//html:code" translate="no"
  xmlns:html="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"/>

Is this correct? It hurts the part of my brain that likes XML. Does
the same thing happens with CSS selectors?

--
Shaun