W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org > October 2012

MLW-LT call 2012-10-15 cancelled (Re: [Minutes] MLW-LT call 2012-10-08 and chair volunteer (?) for next week's call)

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 14:17:04 +0200
Message-ID: <CAL58czrnqv7Eq4uZ061uY3CgtT0nz=oStfVJB4372Fo4pgejYQ@mail.gmail.com>
To: public-multilingualweb-lt@w3.org
2012/10/8 Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>

> Hi all,
>
> here are the minutes from today:
>
> http://www.w3.org/2012/10/08-mlw-lt-minutes.html
>
> and below as text. A question about next week: Dave, David and I will be
> in Seattle. Is there a volunteer to chair the call? Even if you don't have
> a quorum, it might help to discuss things.
>


It seems there won't be a critical mass for the call, so it is cancelled.
Next call will be 22. October.

Felix


>
> Felix
>
>    [1]W3C
>
>       [1] http://www.w3.org/
>
>                                MLW-LT WG
>
> 08 Oct 2012
>
>    [2]Agenda
>
>       [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Oct/0074.html
>
>    See also: [3]IRC log
>
>       [3] http://www.w3.org/2012/10/08-mlw-lt-irc
>
> Attendees
>
>    Present
>           daveL, naoto, fsasaki, giuseppe, leroy, irka, milan, df,
>           dom, yves, tadej, ankit, phil, shaun, pedro
>
>    Regrets
>           tbd
>
>    Chair
>           felix
>
>    Scribe
>           Yves, Felix
>
> Contents
>
>      * [4]Topics
>          1. [5]welcome naoto
>          2. [6]Work schedule
>          3. [7]ISSUES - domain in HTML5
>          4. [8]AOB
>      * [9]Summary of Action Items
>      __________________________________________________________
>
> welcome naoto
>
>    Naoto: from Japan, living in Irland
>    ... work for CNGL at UL
>    ... working on MT-related aspect of localization process
>    ... quality of translation, etc. are of interest
>
> Work schedule
>
>    Felix: will publish in 22nd oc OCT
>    ... last edit on Oct-19
>    ... lot of travel before, let's see what we can do.
>    ... any new update for Provenance?
>
>    Dave: Phil sent me a new copy
>    ... will look at it
>    ... may need to adjust the example for tool reference
>    ... Phil and I will try to discuss that tomorrow
>    ... and post feedback to the list
>
>    Felix: so when ready?
>
>    Dave: maybe thursday
>
>    Felix: hopefuilly can do it before Seattle
>
>    Dave: indeed
>
>    <scribe> ACTION: DaveL to coordinate with Phil and send new
>    draft to the list by Thursday [recorded in
>    [10]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/08-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action01]
>
>    <trackbot> Created ACTION-246 - Coordinate with Phil and send
>    new draft to the list by Thursday [on David Lewis - due
>    2012-10-15].
>
>    <scribe> ACTION: Felix to put the provenance draft in spec
>    before Seattle [recorded in
>    [11]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/08-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action02]
>
>    <trackbot> Created ACTION-247 - Put the provenance draft in
>    spec before Seattle [on Felix Sasaki - due 2012-10-15].
>
>    Felix: Disambiguation?
>
>    Tadej: working draft going around
>    ... Arle needs to look at the definitions
>    ... will circulate new version after
>    ... Dave wants to look at it too
>
>    Dave: yes
>
>    Tadej: I can ciculate current version
>
>    Felix: not needed
>    ... let's wait for the final draft
>    ... can we do that this week?
>
>    Tadej: yes, but may get updated
>    ... and there is the global tool reference to deal with
>
>    Felix: important to have those definition in darft
>    ... maybe we can deal with the tool reference afterward with
>    editors
>    ... so we just need the next stable version
>
>    Tadej: then yes
>    ... For text analysis annotation things will depends on the
>    tool reference
>    ... examples will be different
>
>    Dave: was trying to apply this to use cases
>    ... what about how to control Disambiguation?
>    ... we could have a lot of annotations, but even where we don't
>    want them
>    ... but we can't control where
>
>    Tadej: Cocomore talked about this
>    ... because it wasn't important for use case
>    ... maybe a switch would be useful?
>
>    Dave: Ok, but maybe it's a best practice
>    ... suggest to discuiss this on the list
>
>    Tadej: switch make sense to expose
>
>    Dave: other things may be to concidered
>
>    tadej: sure, need examples then. Let's discuss it on the list
>
>    Felix: we are running out of time for new feature.
>
>    Dave: Phil, quickly: have an action to work on Provance
>
>    Felix: separation of HTML and XML
>
>    jirka has action-220
>
>    scribe: HTML users have specific use cases to take into account
>    ... we may need the draft to be freeze to work on that
>
>    Jirka: working on the schema today
>    ... hope to have something by end of week
>    ... examples could stay there
>    ... idea is to specific the difference (notation, etc.)
>    ... case-sensitive or not between HTML or XML
>    ... such section will explain the differences
>    ... and the table with all the names will help
>
>    Felix: next week is fine too
>
>    Jirka: will try for this week.
>
>    Felix: next is text about Localization Implementers
>
>    <scribe> ACTION: Felix to put the Localization Implementer case
>    in draft by end of the week [recorded in
>    [12]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/08-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action03]
>
>    <trackbot> Created ACTION-248 - Put the Localization
>    Implementer case in draft by end of the week [on Felix Sasaki -
>    due 2012-10-15].
>
>    Felix: will do the NIF section this week too
>    ... editorial notes: some reviews to follow up with
>    ... would be good to have co-editors to go through that
>    ... Shaun can you look at that?
>
>    Shaun: yes
>
>    Felix: will keep you up to date on the edits we do
>
> Domain in HTML5
>
>    Felix: Empty string?
>    ... seems the outcome is decided
>
>    Shaun: then how do you override?
>    ... seems we have no default
>
>    Jirka: allowedCharacters=".*"
>
>    Yves: will add that to specs
>
> Domain in HTML5
>
>    <fsasaki> "Domain in HTML5"
>
>    <fsasaki>
>    [13]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-
>    lt/2012Oct/0057.html
>
>      [13] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Oct/0057.html
>
>    <fsasaki> scribe: fsasaki
>
>    yves: problem was that in some cases we could point in some
>    cases we could point to keyword list of domain
>    ... in some cases we point only to one domain value
>    ... need to separate that
>    ... idea is to provide the result of data category as a comma
>    separated list
>    ... that is built from the result of XPath expressions
>    ... when you have different nodes of a single string, you do
>    the same with a substring
>    ... felix wrote an algorithm, I did that as a pseudo code and
>    implemented it
>
>    <Yves_> scribe: Yves_
>
>    <fsasaki>
>    [14]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-
>    lt/2012Oct/0054.html
>
>      [14] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Oct/0054.html
>
>    Felix: link is the pseudo code
>
>    <fsasaki> "Get the list of nodes resulting ...."
>
>    Felix: there are some example too
>    ... take 2mn to look at it
>    ... any thoughts?
>
>    dF: should be working in XML
>    ... looking now the HTML case
>    ... not sure the issue of multiple keywords is resolved
>
>    Felix: idea here is to provide the list
>
>    <fsasaki> yves: goal is to get list of values
>
>    <fsasaki> .. not a single value
>
>    <fsasaki> .. after that you add to it
>
>    <fsasaki> david: domain should be one domain
>
>    <fsasaki> yves: but in HTML you can have several of them
>
>    <fsasaki> david: so are we happy with several keywords?
>
>    <fsasaki> yves: you can map them to one values
>
>    <fsasaki> felix: via domainMapping attribute
>
>    <fsasaki> david: so there is a method to parse multiple
>    keywords and link a mapping
>
>    <fsasaki> .. so I can produce m:1 and m:n mapping
>
>    dF: ok, then I should be ok for n->1 or n->m mappings
>
>    <fsasaki>
>    [15]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-
>    lt/2012Oct/0054.html
>
>      [15] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Oct/0054.html
>
>    <fsasaki>
>    [16]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-
>    lt/2012Oct/0057.html
>
>      [16] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Oct/0057.html
>
>    Felix: this email above has some examples
>
>    df: we can only reduce?
>
>    Felix: yes
>
>    df: no sure about this
>    ... seems that to be able to have several domain is a problem?
>    ... should we be able to set priority
>
>    Dave: we talked about this, Declan noted it wasn't really
>    possible to specify that
>    ... difficult to have a set way to do this
>    ... there are not really good practices for this
>
>    <Ankit> Yeah, in MT, usually a document will belong to one
>    domain..
>
>    dF: there is an asymmetric aspect in the data category
>    ... we may need to do that for XML too
>
>    Felix: you can already
>
>    <fsasaki> yves: you can point to the same type of keyowrds in
>    xml too
>
>    <fsasaki> .. if you want to have a list of separated values
>
>    <fsasaki> felix: would have an xpath expression that would
>    point to several nodes
>
>    dF: I see.
>    ... should we agree n->1 is the best practice?
>    ... m->n mapping complicate things
>
>    Felix: it depends on what you testing
>
>    <fsasaki>
>    [17]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-
>    lt/2012Oct/0057.html
>
>      [17] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Oct/0057.html
>
>    Felix: see in example there where domainMapping is used
>
>    dF: see you can do conformance test
>    ... but business case may be more tricky
>    ... sevral domains may not be useable
>
>    Felix: so how to move forward?
>
>    dF: asking simply if the n->1 mapping is required
>
>    Dave: seems that it's more useful to know all domains than to
>    redice them to one
>    ... reducing is fine, but using all is fine as well
>    ... mapping/reduction is complicated to do
>    ... not sure we can solve this on the ITS side
>
>    Naoto: from MT viewpoint having one domain is simpler
>    ... multiple doamins would be already in multiple documents
>    ... different domains = different models
>
>    dF: think you can specify multiple domain in the same document
>
>    Felix: should continue this discussion in list
>
>    dF: we are using domain
>    ... supporting multiple would be a big change
>    ... not sure we can be conformant than
>
>    Shaun: sounds like issue is where the data comes from
>    ... like HTML keywords
>    ... maybe that could be a best practice: primary set first
>
>    and then MT can just take the first one
>
>    Felix: sound like a good solution
>    ... best practice allows to use things like keywords then
>    ... but need more discussion probably
>
>    <scribe> ACTION: Yves_ to add the Domain algorithm in draft
>    asap [recorded in
>    [18]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/08-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action04]
>
>    <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find Yves_. You can review and
>    register nicknames at
>    <[19]http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/u
>    sers>.
>
>      [19] http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/track/users%3E.
>
>    <scribe> ACTION: Yves to add the Domain algorithm in draft asap
>    [recorded in
>    [20]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/08-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action05]
>
>    <trackbot> Created ACTION-249 - Add the Domain algorithm in
>    draft asap [on Yves Savourel - due 2012-10-15].
>
> AOB
>
>    Felix: any othe rtopic?
>
>    Phil: sent some question about toolRefs
>    ... could we talk about it Dave? on Wednesday call
>
>    Dave: yes
>
>    Felix: I can help if you want, let me know.
>
>    Phil: late morning tomorrow might work for me.
>
>    Pedro: two questions:
>    ... for unstable data categories: should we wait for
>    implementation?
>    ... and other question: are ready for readiness
>
>    Felix: please focus on data categories that are important, even
>    if not stable
>    ... for readiness, please go ahead
>
>    Dave: agree with felix
>
>    Pedro: ok
>
>    Felix: main call is done
>
>    <fsasaki> Jirka, we lost you on gotomeeting, it seems
>
>    <fsasaki> ACTION: felix to make sure that the its20 draft says
>    the right thing in sec. 1.1.1 about direcitonality and ruby -
>    if we make them non-backward compatibly [recorded in
>    [21]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/08-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action06]
>
>    <trackbot> Created ACTION-250 - Make sure that the its20 draft
>    says the right thing in sec. 1.1.1 about direcitonality and
>    ruby - if we make them non-backward compatibly [on Felix Sasaki
>    - due 2012-10-15].
>
>    <fsasaki>
>    [22]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-
>    lt/2012Oct/0004.html
>
>      [22] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012Oct/0004.html
>
> Summary of Action Items
>
>    [NEW] ACTION: DaveL to coordinate with Phil and send new draft
>    to the list by Thursday [recorded in
>    [23]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/08-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action01]
>    [NEW] ACTION: felix to make sure that the its20 draft says the
>    right thing in sec. 1.1.1 about direcitonality and ruby - if we
>    make them non-backward compatibly [recorded in
>    [24]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/08-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action06]
>    [NEW] ACTION: Felix to put the Localization Implementer case in
>    draft by end of the week [recorded in
>    [25]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/08-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action03]
>    [NEW] ACTION: Felix to put the provenance draft in spec before
>    Seattle [recorded in
>    [26]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/08-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action02]
>    [NEW] ACTION: Yves to add the Domain algorithm in draft asap
>    [recorded in
>    [27]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/08-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action05]
>    [NEW] ACTION: Yves_ to add the Domain algorithm in draft asap
>    [recorded in
>    [28]http://www.w3.org/2012/10/08-mlw-lt-minutes.html#action04]
>
>    [End of minutes]
>      __________________________________________________________
>
>
>     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [29]scribe.perl version
>     1.137 ([30]CVS log)
>     $Date: 2012/10/08 18:43:46 $
>
>      [29] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
>      [30] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
>
>
>


-- 
Felix Sasaki
DFKI / W3C Fellow
Received on Thursday, 11 October 2012 12:27:27 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 16:31:55 UTC