Re: Proposal: expanding/modifying Guideline 2.1 and its SCs (2.1.1, 2.1.2, 2.1.3) to cover Touch+AT

>I’m struggling to understand where the proposal [1] doesn’t do this, at
least in principle.

>Slightly updated with ‘including’:

>“All functionality of the content is operable through accessibility
supported non-pointer input interfaces (*including* keyboards), without
requiring specific timings for individual interactions, ​except…”

This is my amendment, the proposal currently says "(such as Keyboards)".
This would be my minimum starting point to get back on the fence.... but I
have so many other concerns currently, given the loss of 2.5.1 that I just
can't see an elegant way to get comfortable without something like the two
notes that were also in my amendment.

=NOTE: All functionality is still required to work with a keyboard as per WCAG 2
=NOTE: All functions available by touch are still available by touch
after platform assistive technology that remaps touch gestures is
turned on.

But the second note is a huge new requirement. It is 2.5.1 and the SC
currently doesn't say what is in the note.

Cheers,
David MacDonald

*Can**Adapt* *Solutions Inc.*
Tel:  613.235.4902