Re: [WebAIM] Color of link text

On 11/07/2016 20:38, David MacDonald wrote:
> The only fly in the ointment for me is that Eric's example could
> actually pass 1.4.3 if large text on a background was
> #5A5A5A background, body text is #000000

But if you try it (have black text on that grey), it's quite legible.
The problem is that having a 3:1 contrast between body and link text is
all fine and good, but does not take into account the actual background
color. You can't distinguish black and grey if there's lots of another
color (white, in Eric's case) between them. So you have 3 colors in play
here, and that increases the problem of being able to distinguish
between the first two.