Re: Proposal: expanding/modifying Guideline 2.1 and its SCs (2.1.1, 2.1.2, 2.1.3) to cover Touch+AT

On 04/07/2016 18:49, Jonathan Avila wrote:
>> ### 2.1.1 Non-pointer: All functionality of the content is operable
>> through accessibility supported non-pointer input interfaces (such
>> as keyboards), without requiring specific timings for individual
>> interactions, except where the underlying function requires input
>> that depends on the path of the user's movement and not just the
>> endpoints.
> (Level A)
>
> Would this allow one non-pointer method to work such as speech input?
> Or does this require all non-pointer input methods to work?  The term
> accessibility supported non-pointer input is not clear enough.  I
> think what you are saying is an accessibility API and keyboard
> input.

To clarify: I'm meaning ALL (not just "one will do"). And yes, an
accessibility API and keyboard input, but also inputs which are not
exactly keyboard-like (they don't emulate a keyboard as such, don't
actually fire "fake" keyboard events, but interact directly - via the
accessibility API? - with the UA to move focus, activate controls, etc).