Re: The problem of having multiple Content-Range headers in HTTP response

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 12:00 AM, Silvia Pfeiffer
<silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/3/3 Raphaël Troncy <raphael.troncy@cwi.nl>:
>
>> Another problem is how should we express that when 2 tracks have been
>> requested?
>
> The background here is that using a comma as in track=audio,subtitle
> will not work in the HTTP headers, since the comma is used to separate
> headers from each other. As such, something like:
> which is obviously incorrect.

Incidentally, I just checked on the idea of the "comma" being a header
separator.

I found this implementation by Microsoft of a Content-Range with a
different unit range:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee159574%28EXCHG.80%29.aspx
It uses the comma to separate multiple ranges.

Also, I checked the HTTP specification and wasn't able to find
anywhere that the comma is indeed used for such header separation.

According to http://www.cs.columbia.edu/sip/syntax/rfc2068.html the
characters in tspecials are explicitly allowed as field-content.

Yves, can you provide a link to where that use of comma in HTTP header
fields is forbidden?

Thanks,