Re: media fragments versioning mechanism?

Hi Dan,

We're currently only working towards version 1.0 - if there will be a
version 2.0, it will be years from now. It's a spec version similar to
how W3C has spec versions for e.g. HTML. In that next version will
have to be a description for how to move forward from now. As we don't
know what further requirements will be there in the future, we cannot
really define anything right now for how they will be different. For
example, a new time scheme would need a new time scheme identifier,
but we don't know what they will be, so it doesn't make sense to
specify them.