Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 29 July, Telecon 1200 UTC

Dear Media Fragmenters,



Please, find below the agenda for tomorrow’s telecon.



Best regards.



RaphaŽl & Erik




AGENDA Teleconference

W3C Media Fragments Working Group telephone conference 2009-07-29


Wednesday, 29 July *12:00-13:00 UTC*

Local time:



29 July 2009, 1200 UTC

              0500 (West US)

              1300 (Galway)

              1400 (Amsterdam, Paris, Pretoria)

              2100 (Tokyo)

              2200 (Sydney)

Bridge US: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim)

Bridge FR: +

Bridge UK: +44.117.370.6152

Conference code : 3724# (spells "FRAG")

Duration : 60 minutes


IRC channel          : #mediafrag on

W3C IRC Web Client   :

Other clients are listed at

Zakim information    :

Zakim bridge monitor :

Zakim IRC bot        :



Chair: Raphael/Erik


Scribe: Conrad, Erik

Regrets: Jack, Yves


Please note that Media Fragments WG telecons are for attendance by

members and invited experts only.




* Roll call

* PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 15 & 22 July 2009 telecon:

* ACTION-92:  <>
Erik and Raphael to coordinate the writing of papers (ongoing … re-raise
around 15/09/09)




* ACTION-68: Raphael to ask the Media Annotations WG to review our document

* ACTION-74: Erik, Raphael, and Yves to request feedback of other groups

as SYMM, SVG, HTML + WHATWG, WAI, MAWG, TAG, MobileWeb, TimedText (ongoing …
re-raise around 15/09/09)





3.1 Syntax: (Yves)

* ACTION-49: Yves to Draft the HTTP-Range syntax for different units

(completing all the syntax for the two way handshake) (ongoing … re-raise
around 15/08/09, after IETF Meeting)

* ACTION-93: Michael to revisit the TC and see which are affected by the


3.2 UA Server HTTP Communication (Conrad/Raphael)

* ACTION-69: Conrad to draw a representation of the general structure of

a media resource, for streamable formats (ongoing … re-raise around
01/09/09, when having had full discussion)


3.3 UA MF Resolution and Processing: (Michael)

* ACTION-64: Michael to write into the WD section 6.4, what the client

should do with #everything after the hash : "Client Side Media Fragment

Resolution" (See also ISSUE-7)



4. TEST CASES: (Michael)

* See:

** review some more TC’s




* ISSUE-3 [Michael]: Does our MF URI syntax imply that we need to update

MIME Type registrations?

** ACTION-89: Yves to find out more about fragment identifier registration
(ongoing … re-raise around 15/08/09, after IETF Meeting)


* ISSUE-4 [Silvia] :
<> Should we
pre-define some track names?


* ISSUE-5 [Jack]: Handling spatial cropping requires information at



* ISSUE-6 [Jack]: Temporal clips that require transcoding

** ACTION-62: Yves to ask the TAG whether transcoding should be

forbidden or not when we send a fragment of a resource


* ISSUE-7 [Michael]:
<> User Agent
Media Fragment Resolution and Processing

** ACTION-64: Michael to write into the WD section 6.4, what the client
should do with #everything after the hash : "Client Side Media Fragment


* ISSUE-9 [Michael]: Should we have the media type inside the Test Cases?

** ACTION-82: Michael to flesh out TC vocabulary re ISSUE-9


* ISSUE-10 [Michael] :
<> Media
Fragments Test Case Maintenance 




* ACTION-34: Jack to look at python-url library to see whether he could

implement the logic on client side

* ACTION-91: Guillaume to look at the python gst lib

* ACTION-35: Raphael to look at curl and/or wget to see whether the

logic could be implemented on client side

* ACTION-70: Jack to commit in CVS (code directory) his python code

doing the parsing on client side of the media fragment

* ACTION-71: Michael to investigate whether he could have an

implementation in Javascript that does the client-side media fragments


* ACTION-90: Davy to provide a pointer to Yves to a lib he can use to slice
media files



7. AOB





Received on Tuesday, 28 July 2009 12:47:07 UTC