Re: Screen sharing

On 24 April 2014 12:15, cowwoc <cowwoc@bbs.darktech.org> wrote:
> Something doesn't make sense here. If Alice is really sharing a specific
> application, no other processes cannot overlap its painting area. On the
> other hand, if Alice is sharing her entire desktop, I'd expect Bob to see
> the contents of the IM.

Aside from the double negative here, I think that you are confusing
two separate things.

In the whole-screen sharing context, yes, everything is seen, warts and all.

In the application sharing context, that application is all that is
shared.  If something causes that application to be occluded, the
occluded area needs to be either frozen or greyed.  To show the thing
that is doing the occluding is an over-share, which violates user
expectations.  To continue to show the occluded content means that
there is something that is shared that the user is unaware of,
violating another expectation.

This is talking about the latter.