Re: Why ignoring unknown mandatory constraints is not stupid

On Nov 14, 2013, at 3:36 AM, Jan-Ivar Bruaroey <jib@mozilla.com> wrote:

> The browser negotiates between the app and the user, not the app and the machine.
>
> But enough hippie stuff...

Actually, I think this is the heart to the confusion. You are thinking of the browser as a UX experience in a dialog box, but how would your view change if you think of the browser as an operating system that provides an API to applications to access and control the hardware on the device. The browser is mitigating contridicting requirements from different applications trying to use the same hardware. It's pretty hard to write applications on an operating system where if application A says the camera light must be ON, and application B says the camera light must be OFF, and both applications get told "oh yah, no problem".