Re: Proposal: Constraints as dictionaries

On 11/20/13 8:43 PM, Gili wrote:
> I guess I agree with Martin here. I don't mind A and C so much as B.
> There is a trade-off between troubleshooting and fingerprinting and I
> have yet to be convinced that the only solution is to remove important
> diagnostics information. WebRTC applications are already very
> difficult to troubleshoot, and this is going to make it even harder.

Are you saying you need to probe the user's system without their
permission for diagnostic reasons?

> We need to find a solution that does not require us to choose one or
> the other. We should be able to get both.

To me, gUM is about getting access, not probing. Get access first then
probe all you want. Anything else is a privacy intrusion IMHO.

We're devising a mini-language for you to specify all your needs and
wants in one go. Is there still some need you cannot express in one call?

As a design choice, I think we want gUM to find the most appropriate
camera on the first try, so the user is generally prompted once, for the
right camera.

.: Jan-Ivar :.