Re: questions about direct assignment

On 2013-06-01 09:17, Stefan Håkansson LK wrote:
> On 5/31/13 4:05 PM, Jim Barnett wrote:
>> If a MediaStream received from a PeerConnection is immutable (I
>> assume we're talking about the recipient of the call here), how can
>> the recipient modify the call, e.g. by adding video to it?
>
> I think it the proposal was that the application (on the receiving side)
> would not be able to add or remove tracks, but the user agent
> (PeerConnection) would be able to.
>
> So if the app on the sending side added a video track to a MediaStream
> being sent, the track would be added to the MediaStream object on the
> receiving side by the PeerConnection.
>
> (Rob to correct if I got this wrong)

Yes, I was a mistake to write "immutable". I meant the user agent
controls the track list in a stream from gUM() and received streams (as
Stefan describes above and Rob described in his proposal).

But the key idea is still that all new tracks that the user agent adds
(local in the gUM() case, and remote in the PeerConnection case) have
the same origin so the stream would never change origin.

/Adam