Re: RECAP: Conclusion: Cloning and sharing of MediaStreamTracks - worth it?

On 15 August 2013 16:03, Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net> wrote:
> Much better cloning it. Cloning allows each track being controlled
> separately (regardless they both share the same original source).

Unless by cloning it you lose synchronization, or you end up with
simulcast instead of a single stream.  There's no guarantee that a
cloned track is rendered synchronously with other tracks from the same
source - the only guarantee applies to tracks in the same MediaStream.
 That's actually unlikely.

More to the point, by not cloning, I avoid potential issues with
configuration changes causing the source to become overconstrained.
And maybe I want to manage changes globally.