Re: Proposal for output device selection

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 16:18:04 -0700
To: "Robert O'Callahan" <robert@ocallahan.org>
Cc: Justin Uberti <juberti@google.com>, Chris Wilson <cwilso@google.com>, "public-media-capture@w3.org" <public-media-capture@w3.org>, Harald Alvestrand <hta@google.com>, Victoria Kirst <vrk@google.com>, Tommy Widenflycht (ᛏᚮᛘᛘᚤ) <tommyw@google.com>, Tommi Gunnarsson <tommi@google.com>
On 15 August 2013 15:51, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:
> It's easy for the UA to make choices stick over time for the same
> application. I just said that.

You did, but that's not the same as having the application able to
manage those choices over time.  The problem with having the UA do
this is that it is often ignorant of application context.  It can even
have difficulty identifying a specific application.  The same origin
can host multiple applications, or the one application can appear on
multiple origins.

>From an application developer perspective, I don't trust the UA to get
this right.