Re: Decision needed before exit LC

On 05/17/2011 01:46 PM, Joakim Söderberg wrote:
> Dear all,
> Next week we want to vote on moving the Ontology doc to CR. For this reason we need to decide upon the following:
>
> 1) Relaxing ma:relation, Protagonist: Martin Höffernig
>
> Decide whether to:
>  i) Relax the constraint on ma:isRelatedTo, not restricted only to media resources.
>  or
>  ii) use rdfs:seeAlso to link associated documents

as pointed out by Werner, ma:isRelatedTo is clearly not meant to be
limited to point to media resources in the example of section 6, so that
constraint was a bug introduced in the RDF ontology.

(I'm excluding the option to rewrite section 6 now... :)

I'm attaching the new XML/RDF and TTL ontologies.

Note also that I therefore renamed ma:isRelatedTo to
ma:hasRelatedResource, in order to be consistent in our naming scheme.

This must be reflected in the correspondence table of section 7.

This may also have an impact on the example RDF files produced by
others. Apologies about that...

> 2)  Should we change all datatypes for literal and provide definitions for the formats: according to Jean Pierre ?
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2011May/0032.html

I already replied to Jean-Pierre about that (I disagreed). Is anyone
esle pushing that proposal?

However, the attached version follows Jean-Pierre's proposal to simplify
some of the domain/range constraints (e.g. frame size) to make the
ontology more flexible.

  pa