Re: [Reminder] editors of the Metadata examples to send their files

Hi Thierry,

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 7:50 PM, Thierry MICHEL <tmichel@w3.org> wrote:
> Hi Sylvia
>
> Providing an RDF file was decided back at the MAWG F2F in Lyon.
> And it is mentioned in our exit Criteria for CR.
>
> Therefore if providing an RDF file is not possible for OGG we should etheir
> change our exit criterie, else formats not providing an RDF would be removed
> from the spec.

It is possible. I can throw an RDF together to list all the fields
available. I just don't think it makes much sense for metadata that is
encapsulated in a binary file. And this includes other formats such as
QuickTime, too.

> Please Sylvia could you join the MAWG telecon tomorrow to discuss this
> issue.

Sorry, am busy and likely in the wrong timezone. I would appreciate
feedback on this though.

> Joakim could you add it to the agenda ?
>
> Now about your OGG example, you should provide *all* the properties mapping
> to the properties core set (see ogg mapping table)
>

> like :
> identifier, title, language, locator, contributor, location, description ,
> etc.

You want an example file that has all the fields filled that have been
defined and are possible to be filled? That is easily said for a text
file format, but not so easy for a binary format. I'd have to write
some code for some of the fields, because not all software uses all
fields.

Regards,
Silvia.