Re: [Reminder] editors of the Metadata examples to send their files

On 05/16/2011 03:34 PM, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
> Hi Thierry,
>
> On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 7:50 PM, Thierry MICHEL <tmichel@w3.org> wrote:
>> Hi Sylvia
>>
>> Providing an RDF file was decided back at the MAWG F2F in Lyon.
>> And it is mentioned in our exit Criteria for CR.
>>
>> Therefore if providing an RDF file is not possible for OGG we should etheir
>> change our exit criterie, else formats not providing an RDF would be removed
>> from the spec.
>
> It is possible. I can throw an RDF together to list all the fields
> available. I just don't think it makes much sense for metadata that is
> encapsulated in a binary file. And this includes other formats such as
> QuickTime, too.

Silvia,

the purpose of the RDF file is precisely to convey, in a uniform way,
the metadata encapsulated in the original format(s).

I don't see how the fact that the original format is binary or not makes
it more or less relevant...

  pa