Re: SMPTE to MA mapping example

Hi,

On 05/12/2011 04:18 PM, Höffernig, Martin wrote:
> <snip />
> For example, in the SMPTE document there is a reference to a so called
> production script which is a pdf document. Now it isn‘ t possible to
> refer to this document using the MA ontology. Therefore I suggest to
> remove this domain spec form a:isRelatedTo. Moreover in section 5.1.2 of
> the Ontology for Media Resources 1.0 document, property relation is not
> restricted to media resources.

well, section 5.1.2 reads "a resource that the current resource is
related with" so it is open to interpretation whether the first
"resource" means "media resource" or not, while the second one clearly
does...

Although not strongly opposed to relaxing that constraint on
ma:isRelatedTo, I'm not really in favor either... I would instead
encourage you to use rdfs:seeAlso in that case.

But if there is no other voice against making that change, then why not.
Note that if we do, we also need to remove the fact that ma:isRelatedTo
is symmetric.

  pa