De : Pierre-Antoine Champin [pierre-antoine.champin@liris.cnrs.fr]
Date d'envoi : mercredi, 3. novembre 2010 09:03
À : Evain, Jean-Pierre
Cc : Chris Poppe; Bailer, Werner; "Höffernig, Martin"; Tobias Bürger; public-media-annotation@w3.org
Objet : Re: RE : RE : ma-ont RDF latest version

Hi again,

thinking more about it, it occured to me that you don't need a new
instance of RatingProvider for *every* MediaResource you want to rate...

What you really need is one ID per "value" that a given organization can
give as rating (on a given scale).

So indeed you can do the following:

   :lmdb a ma:Organization.

   :lmdb3 a ma:RatingProvider ;
        ma:ratingValue 3 ;
        ma:ratingMin 0 ; ma:ratingMax 5; ma:ratingProviderIs lmdb .

   :lmdb5 a ma:RatingProvider ;
        ma:ratingValue 3 ;
        ma:ratingMin 0 ; ma:ratingMax 5; ma:ratingProviderIs lmdb .

   :movie1 :hasBeenRatedBy :lmdb3 .
   :movie2 :hasBeenRatedBy :lmdb5 .
   :movie3 :hasBeenRatedBy :lmdb3 .

Of course, you don't *have to* do that, so it is not required that every
rating organization provide a single URI for each ratin value. But it is
a possibility.

And now that we are settled on this, I bring back my *other* argument
(while quite restating):
this amounts to representing RatingValues, not exactly RatingProvider.
:)

let's discus this *de visu* in Lyon :)

   pa

On 11/02/2010 11:22 PM, Evain, Jean-Pierre wrote:
> Pierre Antoine,
>
> Mea culpa, you are right the current model allows only one rating
> value per ratingProvider ID. Chris is right that different Ids are
> needed. Idon't like this very much as it makes ratingProvider act
> like a blank node in between the agent and the ratingValue. But I
> also don't want to have the ratingValue as a class.
>
> I am looking for an alternative.
>
> JP
This email and any files transmitted with it
are confidential and intended solely for the
use of the individual or entity to whom they
are addressed.
If you have received this email in error,
please notify the system manager.
This footnote also confirms that this email
message has been swept by the mailgateway