RE : RE : RE : ma-ont RDF latest version

see below

De : Pierre-Antoine Champin [pierre-antoine.champin@liris.cnrs.fr]
Date d'envoi : mardi, 2. novembre 2010 14:16
À : Evain, Jean-Pierre
Cc : Chris Poppe; Bailer, Werner; "Höffernig, Martin"; Tobias Bürger; public-media-annotation@w3.org
Objet : Re: RE : RE : ma-ont RDF latest version

On 11/02/2010 02:00 PM, Evain, Jean-Pierre wrote:
> I need to look at all this but 'rating' SHOULD NOT / CANNOT be a
> class (IMHO, this is a property). See earlier my example about the
> database. Would you classify things by rating values, e.g. all the
> resources that have received a rating value 5 then 4, etc. I don't
> think so.

I don't see how this is relevant...

JPE: then we have a problem. But declaring 'rating' as a class is wrong!

> In the examples given by Chris, the rating provider ID doesn't need
> to change if it is the organisation lmdb that rates resources 1&  2
> with the same scale (max and min). Both resources could be rated by
> lmd1.

absolutely not! If you replace, in Chris' example, lmd2 with lmd1, then
you whould have *two* different values for hasRatingValue !
Then how would you distinguish btw the rating of movie1 and the rating
of movie2 ??

JPE: limd1 and lmd2 are the same! You can choose either name to give the same or differnet  rating value to movie 1 or movie 2 ! Again, we are not using rating as a class for modelling reasons and the rating is provider through the rating provider. The example given by Chris is entirely coherent with my original proposal and I assure you that my comment is correct :-)

   pa

> But it could be handy to abstarct the roganisation ot lmd2 is
> the scale is different (why not after all).

> JP
>
> ________________________________________ De : Pierre-Antoine Champin
> [pierre-antoine.champin@liris.cnrs.fr] Date d'envoi : mardi, 2.
> novembre 2010 11:07 À : Chris Poppe Cc : Evain, Jean-Pierre; Bailer,
> Werner; "Höffernig, Martin"; Tobias Bürger;
> public-media-annotation@w3.org Objet : Re: RE : ma-ont RDF latest
> version
>
> Oh, my bad indeed. So I *was* mistaken by the class labels.
>
> Ok on the general principle then. I also agree with JP that
> RatingProvided (or whatever it is renamed to) should not be a
> subclass of Contributor.
>
> And this amounts to making Rating a class, IMHO.
>
> pa
>
> On 11/02/2010 11:03 AM, Chris Poppe wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> as I understood a RatingProvider can only give one rating. It is
>> connected to an Agent (Person or Organization) through the
>> ratingProviderIs property. So something like this (?):
>>
>> :lmdb a ma:Organization ;
>>
>> :lmdb1 a ma:RatingProvider ; ma:ratingMin 0 ; ma:ratingMax 5;
>> ma:ratingProviderIs lmdb .
>>
>> :lmdb2 a ma:RatingProvider ; ma:ratingMin 0 ; ma:ratingMax 5 ;
>> ma:ratingProviderIs lmdb.
>>
>> :movie1 ma:hasBeenRatedBy :lmdb1 . :lmdb1 ma:ratingValue 3.
>>
>> :movie2 ma:hasBeenRatedBy :lmdb2 . :lmdb2 ma:ratingValue 5.
>>

>> Kind regards, Chris
>>
>> Quoting "Pierre-Antoine
>> Champin"<pierre-antoine.champin@liris.cnrs.fr>:

>>> I think I agree with Marting and Werner that something there is
>>> a problem in the current ontology (and I see it both in
>>> TargetAudienceAuthory and RatingProvider).
>>>
>>> Imagine that I want to state that LinkedMDB rates movie1 3/5 and
>>> movie2 5/5 . How would you state that in RDF? As I understand the
>>> ontology, this would be
>>>
>>> :lmdb a ma:RatingProvider ; ma:ratingMin 0 ; ma:ratingMax 5 .
>>>
>>> :movie1 ma:hasBeenRatedBy :lmdb . :lmdb ma:ratingValue 3.
>>>
>>> :movie2 ma:hasBeenRatedBy :lmdb . :lmdb ma:ratingValue 5.
>>>
>>> which is obviously broken, as the four last triples can be
>>> rewritten like that:
>>>
>>> :movie1 ma:hasBeenRatedBy :lmdb . :movie2 ma:hasBeenRatedBy :lmdb
>>> . :lmdb ma:ratingValue 3, 5.
>>>
>>> Again, the same problem raises with TargetAudienceAuthority.
>>>
>>> So either I'm mislead by the labels of the ontologies (in which
>>> case I suggest they are renamed) or the ontology is broken... I
>>> would prefer to write something like
>>>
>>> :movie1 ma:hasRating [ ma:ratingValue 3 ; ma:ratingMin 0 ;
>>> ma:ratingMax 5 ; ma:hasRatingAuthority :lmdb ]
>>>
>>> which is much closer to the Json specified by the API -- and yes,
>>> it amounts to define a class for ratings. But frankly, I don't
>>> see any other way to convey the same information as the API...
>>>
>>> pa

Dr. Tobias Bürger         Knowledge and Media Technologies Group