RE: awareness of HTML5 media multitrack API

Dear Silvia,

I think the relation to our API is discovering the tracks and getting their properties (identifier, role, type, language). This issue was raised by Raphaël some time ago [1]. The result of the short discussion on the list was that ma:fragments needs to return also track and not just temporal/spatial fragments to support this. I think we have not reached a formal decision on this, so I suggest to put it on the agenda of the F2F meeting next week.

This would allow querying for the list of tracks using ma:fragments, and then you could request further properties for each of the tracks. We could think about providing also a shortcut here, i.e. function that returns the list of track objects and their properties. Any views on this from Chris, Florian, Wonsuk, others?

Best regards,
Werner

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Nov/0090.html