Re: RE : RE : Next iteration of the RDF ontology

On 12/06/2010 10:07 AM, Evain, Jean-Pierre wrote:
> But an image could be a fragment covering the whole picture.

Ok; but then what you call "picture" would not be an instance of class
Image?? Not sure I'm following you...

> This is
> the logic followed by MFWG whose fragment URI can access a media
> resource or a fragment.

Here again, I am not sure I'm following you, but you are raising an
interesting point. Consider the three following resources:

   :a = http://example.org/photo.png .
   :b = http://example.org/photo.png?xywh=percent:0,0,100,100 .
   :c = http://example.org/photo.png#xywh=percent:0,0,100,100 .

What would be their respective types in your vision of the ontology?
What would be their ma:hasFragment relations ? Would any of them be
owl:sameAs others?

This is how I see things for the moment:

   :a a ma:Image ; ma:hasFragment :b, :c .
   :b a ma:Image, ma:MediaFragment .
   :c a ma:Image, ma:MediaFragment .

Note that IMHO none of them is owl:sameAs another one (but this is just
precaution).

Note also that I make no difference between :b and :c, which is maybe a
shame; on the other hand, my understanding of 'Media Fragments URI 1.0'
is that Media Fragment subsumes URI fragment and URI query, so
ontologically it does not seem wrong.

   pa

> JP
>
> -----Original Message----- From: Pierre-Antoine Champin
> [mailto:pierre-antoine.champin@liris.cnrs.fr] Sent: lundi, 6.
> décembre 2010 10:05 To: Evain, Jean-Pierre Cc:
> 'tobias@tobiasbuerger.com'; mcsuarez@fi.upm.es;
> public-media-annotation@w3.org Subject: Re: RE : RE : Next iteration
> of the RDF ontology
>
> On 12/06/2010 08:01 AM, Evain, Jean-Pierre wrote:
>> Then the logic would be to move Image as a sub-class of fragment??
>
> I don't think so: *some* images are not a fragment of anything, but
> "top level" media resources...
>
> The ontology should allow for a resource to be both an Image and a
> MediaFragment, but this is already the case, since those classes are
> not disjoint. I think it is enough.
>
> pa
>

>> JP
>>
>> ________________________________________ De : Pierre-Antoine
>> Champin [pierre-antoine.champin@liris.cnrs.fr] Date d'envoi :
>> dimanche, 5. décembre 2010 22:35 À : Evain, Jean-Pierre Cc :
>> 'tobias@tobiasbuerger.com'; mcsuarez@fi.upm.es;
>> public-media-annotation@w3.org Objet : Re: RE : Next iteration of
>> the RDF ontology
>>
>> On 12/03/2010 01:18 PM, Evain, Jean-Pierre wrote:
>>> I was thinking of this but I am not sure that we have any
>>> mechanism to point to a fragment / region within a picture ->
>>> at least not covered by the ontology and I am not even sure about
>>> what MFWG has done, which would allow their URI to point to one.
>>
>> Media Fragment URIs allows for rectangular spatial fragments:
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/media-frags/#naming-space
>>
>> pa
>>

>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Jean-Pierre
>>>

>>> -----Original Message----- From: Pierre-Antoine Champin
>>> [mailto:pierre-antoine.champin@liris.cnrs.fr] Sent: vendredi, 3.
>>> décembre 2010 12:29 To: Evain, Jean-Pierre Cc:
>>> 'tobias@tobiasbuerger.com'; mcsuarez@fi.upm.es;
>>> public-media-annotation@w3.org Subject: Re: RE : Next iteration
>>> of the RDF ontology

>>> ehr... an Image can have fragments, namely spatial fragments.
>>>
>>> In general, to respond Mari's comment about constraining
>>> hasFragment is a two side coins... By constraining, we may indeed
>>> detect some inconsistencies... On the other hand, we might limit
>>> the use of the ontology in situations that we do not envision
>>> right now.
>>>
>>> So I would be in favor of leaving the domain and range as is. A
>>> specific application is of course free to put additional
>>> constraints to fulfill its needs.
>>>
>>> This is a personal opinion though; not necessarily the one of
>>> the RDF Taskforce or the WG...
>>>
>>> pa

Best regards,