From: public-media-annotation-request@w3.org [mailto:public-media-annotation-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Felix Sasaki
Sent: den 22 juli 2009 09:43
To: Tobias Bürger
Cc: Media Annotation
Subject: Re: [mawg] ACTION-141: Update of rationale r09

+1.

Felix

2009/7/21 Tobias Bürger <tobias.buerger@sti2.at>

Dear all,

here is my proposed update of the rationale of r09 ("Taking different roles in metadata processing into account") with respect to ACTION-141:

Metadata is generated and being dealt with by different agents with different roles throughout the whole lifecycle of a media resource. We can distinguish between producers (e.g., a video camera or the producer of a media resource), changers (e.g., a person which modifies initially created metadata), and consumers (e.g., an application which processes metadata to make it accessible for search).
If values of metadata properties which are, for instance, created my two different agents, are in conflict, a description of provenance information with respect to the roles but also the context of metadata creation of these values could be useful and should be taken into account. For instance, a manually created value by a human agent might be more reliable than an automatically created value by a software agent. Furthermore metadata produced by the creator of a particular media resource might be more accurate than metadata produced by a media consumer of this resource.

If you think it is fine, then I can record the change in the use case document accordingly.

Best regards,

Tobias

Dr. Tobias Bürger

STI Innsbruck