Von: public-media-annotation-request@w3.org [mailto:public-media-annotation-request@w3.org] Im Auftrag von Matthias Einbrodt
Gesendet: Montag, 06. Juli 2009 19:02
An: public-media-annotation@w3.org
Betreff: Capturing the information about the creator of a collection or a feed within the Media Ontology

Hello,

I thought a little about the idea of capturing the information about the creator of a collection or a feed within the Media Ontology.

To date there is actually no element within the Media Ontology that could capture such information. A collection or feed creator property could be mapped to the ma:author property but that would cause overlaps with the values for the creator or authors of singe media entities (videos, images etc.) and thus it would not be possible to search for a creator of a collection specifically.

Therefore I want to discuss the idea of introducing a distinct Media Ontology property for the creators of collections / feeds / playlists.

A possible use case where such a property might valuable can be found within the Youtube context for example where users can create several feeds and playlists and somene might be interested to search for the playlists / feeds of a certain user because he is known to create very popular and liked playlists.

I’m looking forward hearing your opinions.

Best regards

Matthias Einbrodt