Re: [MEDIAANN] Mapping table EXIF, MediaRDF, SearchMonkey Media, LOM, METS

Hi Victor,

I guess having sample metadata records is a must for our next stage in
which we dig deeper into the mapping.

For FRBR samples you might look at: http://openfrbr.org/

I have a comment to your mapping: You "mapped" the properties to
dc:source; I guess they also could be seen mapped to dc:relation or
xmpMM:derivedFrom

What do you think?

Best,

Tobias

Victor Rodriguez Doncel wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I attach a modified version of the mapping including a mapping to
> FRBR. <http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/FRBR>
>
> My concern is whether we need sample metadata records.
> FRBR is widely used in bibliographic records (including video), but
> currently I have found no public FRBR metadata records.
> For example, Europeana <http://www.europeana.eu/> -the European
> digital Library- manages 2 million records (videos among them)- is
> expected to have FRBR support by 2010 <http://frbr.bnportugal.pt/>...
>
> Regards,
> Víctor
>
> Tobias Bürger escribió:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> Please find attached the mapping table with my input, i.e. mappings
>> to EXIF, MediaRDF, SearchMonkey Media, LOM and METS.
>>
>> I failed to upload it to the Wiki (the system said that the file is
>> corrupt...).
>>
>> FYI: The METS mapping is very basic as METS typically includes other
>> formats to describe technical or descriptive information.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Tobias

Dipl.-Inf. Univ. Tobias Bürger

STI Innsbruck