Re: [MEDIAANN] Mapping table EXIF, MediaRDF, SearchMonkey Media, LOM, METS

(de-lurking; I'm a wellwisher on the public list not a WG member for now)

On 19/1/09 15:13, Victor Rodriguez Doncel wrote:

> I attach a modified version of the mapping including a mapping to FRBR.
> <http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/FRBR>

Great to see things being connected up to FRBR. I blogged about this
recently, and that's been picked up on the FRBR blog, so you could
perhaps ask there if you're looking for sample data.
http://www.frbr.org/2009/01/16/w3c-media-annotations-working-group#respond

Also recently in that blog,
http://www.frbr.org/2008/12/19/variations3-frbrization-algorithms
recently points to some FRBRization algorithm work around music.
http://www.dlib.indiana.edu/projects/vfrbr/ ... no data/code public yet
though.

A related effort worth knowing about is the Dublin Core / RDA
collaboration. http://dublincore.org/dcmirdataskgroup/
They have a growing collection of scenarios in their wiki, see
http://dublincore.org/dcmirdataskgroup/Scenarios ... and are exploring
RDF representations of RDA. RDA is
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resource_Description_and_Access ...
"Resource Description and Access or RDA is a set of instructions for the
cataloguing of books and other materials held in libraries. RDA is
intended to replace AACR2, a standard in widespread use in
Anglo-American libraries." ... and has a strong FRBR influence. See also
the thread "datasets for testing RDA at scale" in their mailing list,
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=DC-RDA (you may need to
join to see the archives). Am cc:'ing Alistair Miles who may have some
more pointers / ideas.

cheers,

Dan

ps. another Atom-based media metadata proposal:
http://martin.atkins.me.uk/specs/atommedia