Re: Should we drop the color bullet for now?

From: Wayne Dick <wayneedick@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2017 14:33:27 -0700
To: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Cc: Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>, Jim Allan <jimallan@tsbvi.edu>, public-low-vision-a11y-tf <public-low-vision-a11y-tf@w3.org>
Oh, yes. You will note that the width on Chrome is different from Firefox.
That is because they allocate a little different space per character.

I will select a pivot font, like Arial, and compute
width(Font)/width(Arial). In my first experiment that was constant across
browsers.  That will really slow things down, but if it gives us a browser
invariant its worth it.

My plan is this.  Get a list of fonts from Adobe Edge Web Fonts. Run about
800 and build a distribution. We'll see how it looks.

It sure would be good to get a list of these web fonts with the CSS support.