Re: Should we drop the color bullet for now?

From: Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 08:39:14 +0000
To: Jonathan Avila <jon.avila@ssbbartgroup.com>, Wayne Dick <wayneedick@gmail.com>
CC: public-low-vision-a11y-tf <public-low-vision-a11y-tf@w3.org>
Ach, I shouldn’t reply from my phone, I had meant the test should be:

“Change the colours to black and white. Where the foreground text is dark use white on black, or if the foreground text is light use black on white.”

This would be a test to find issues as a proxy of what the user does, it is not the user requirement. I think that would highlight any issues people encounter?

I can’t think how to get that into SC text as a bullet though… perhaps:

* Colours can be adapted to a high-contrast colour scheme such as black and white.

Although not everyone wants high-contrast the ability to change it is there, easy to test, and clear on the requirement… I hope.

-Alastair