Re: Color Test: A formal proposal

From: Gregg C Vanderheiden <greggvan@umd.edu>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2017 15:58:45 -0400
Cc: public-low-vision-a11y-tf <public-low-vision-a11y-tf@w3.org>, "w3c-waI-gl@w3. org" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
To: Dick <wayneedick@gmail.com>
Just FYI

Technically — we don’t have any such things as “formal tests”  except for TECHNIQUES.

This can’t be a formal test unless the SC says that you must do exactly this - or rather  the SC must say  “  Content passes the following test"

you put it forward as an informal test — but the SC is the only criterion for passing the SC.  (that is what its name means—  success criterion.

The WG COULD propose the test as a ‘sufficient’ test of the SC.   That is — if you pass, you pass.
But you cannot say that if you fail you fail unless the SC says this specifically.

Gregg

Gregg C Vanderheiden
greggvan@umd.edu