Re: How to link to Companies House (UK) data?

On 13/01/2017 12:45, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> On 1/12/17 8:28 AM, Matt Wallis wrote:
>>
>> Is there an existing predicate that I can simply add to my resource
>> description? Like this:
>>
>>     my:object a my:Thing .
>>     my:object predicate
>>     <http://business.data.gov.uk/id/company/08209948> .
>>

> Hi Matt,
>
> There are many RDF statement predicates that could be used to
> associate my:object with
> <http://business.data.gov.uk/id/company/08209948>. What's most
> important is the nature of the predicate used, with regards to what
> you are trying to communicate. Thus, the entity type identified by
> my:object is quite important i.e., does it identify a Person,
> Organization, or something else?
>
> In a very loose sense, you could state:
>
> {
>
>   @prefix my: <#> .
>
>   @prefix schema: <http://schema.org/> .
>
>   @prefix skos: <http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core#> .
>
>   my:object schema:isRelatedTo
> <http://business.data.gov.uk/id/company/08209948> .
>
>   ## and/or
>

>   my:object skos:related
> <http://business.data.gov.uk/id/company/08209948> .
>
> }
>

> Assuming my:object is a company that is officially identified by:
> <http://business.data.gov.uk/id/company/08209948, you could state:
>
> {
>
>   @prefix my: <#> .
>
>   @prefix schema: <http://schema.org/> .
>
>   @prefix owl: <http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#> .
>
>   my:object owl:sameAs <http://business.data.gov.uk/id/company/08209948> .
>
> }

Hi Kingsley,
Thank you for your suggestions.
I think that I am looking for something that is more specific that
isRelatedTo - I want to say that one can expect to find information
about the formal company registration.
I have read various warnings about the overuse of owl:sameAs, and this
makes me cautious about using it. For now, I would prefer to assert a
more specific relationship.
> Also note, I've enclosed my sample RDF-Turle statements in curly
> braces so that this response doc becomes a live Linked Data document,
> courtesy of nanotation [1] and the our structured data sniffer
> extension that adds Linked Data awareness to browsers like Chrome,
> Firefox, Edge, Opera, and Vivaldi [2].
Interesting - I will look into nanotation.

--
Matt Wallis
Institute for Solidarity Economics