Re: Please publish Turtle or JSON-LD instead of RDF/XML [was Re: Recommendation for transformation of RDF/XML to JSON-LD in a web browser?]

David and all, hello.

On 3 Sep 2015, at 22:11, David Booth wrote:

> I can appreciate the value of RDF/XML for certain processing tasks,
> and I'm okay with keeping RDF/XML alive as a *processing* format.  My
> suggestion to deprecate RDF/XML was intended to apply to its use as a
> *publishing* format.

Hear hear.

For example: When RDFizing data that originated from something XMLish
(or something convenient to process using XML tools), RDF/XML is
obviously by far the most convenient target for generation by XSLT or
similar.  But when doing that I always check my work by immediately
converting to Turtle.  And having generated it, I might as well serve it
out with suitable ConNeg, because it will probably be the most
convenient format for _someone_.

But there's little need to advertise it, and no need to mention it
prominently when introducing RDF.

All the best,

Norman

--