Re: How to model valid time of resource properties?

On 2014-10-15 14:59, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
[snip]
> Frans,
>
> How about reified RDF statements?
>
> I think discounting RDF reification vocabulary is yet another act of
> premature optimization, in regards to the Semantic Web meme :)
Well, reification is mentioned in most of the texts that I have found on
the subject so far. But it seems that of all possible approaches it is
getting the worst press. In short, it is made out to be too complex,
both in storage as in querying. I must admit that I am sensitive to that
kind of talk, because I think simplicity should be a very important
criterion in deciding which way of doing things is best.

I guess the best way of finding out which method works best is to create
a small test case and just try out everything...

Regards,
Frans

> Some examples:
>
> [1] http://bit.ly/utterances-since-sept-11-2014 -- List of statements