Re: How to model valid time of resource properties?

> If I may try to summarize, it is saying that neither reification

Not exactly, please note the difference between RDF reification and
conceptual reification. IMHO, the last mentioned is the way to go.

Best,
Krzysztof

On 10/16/2014 08:15 AM, Frans Knibbe | Geodan wrote:
> On 2014-10-14 19:24, Carsten Keßler wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> here’s another paper that discusses different approaches:
>> http://carsten.io/trame-kessler-kuhn-cosit2013.pdf
>
> Thank you! Yes, that paper is also a good read. Now my head is
> spinning even more :-)
>
> If I may try to summarize, it is saying that neither reification nor
> named graphs are satisfactory solutions, but turning/events/ into
> first class citizens and making them explicit /is/.
>
> Do you think this approach in recommendable in all cases where
> resources have properties that can undergo change? Wouldn't it
> obfuscate direct relationships between things in much the same way as
> turning a property into a class would?
>
> Regards,
> Frans
>

>> Best,
>> Carsten
>>
>> ---
>> Carsten Kessler – http://carsten.io
>> Center for Advanced Research of Spatial Information
>> Department of Geography
>> Hunter College – CUNY
>> 695 Park Avenue
>> New York, NY-10065
>>
>> On Monday, October 13, 2014 at 8:32, Anisa Rula wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> our paper [1] surveys all the possible approaches for representing
>>> temporal information in the context of Linked Data. You may find it
>>> useful for your work.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Anisa
>>>
>>> 1. http://iswc2012.semanticweb.org/sites/default/files/76490481.pdf

> Frans Knibbe
> Geodan
> President Kennedylaan 1
> 1079 MB Amsterdam (NL)
>
> T +31 (0)20 - 5711 347
> E frans.knibbe@geodan.nl
> www.geodan.nl <http://www.geodan.nl> | disclaimer
> <http://www.geodan.nl/disclaimer>

Krzysztof Janowicz

4830 Ellison Hall, Santa Barbara, CA 93106-4060

Email: jano@geog.ucsb.edu
Webpage: http://geog.ucsb.edu/~jano/