Re: List membership - more women

On 24/06/13 10:14, Dan Brickley wrote:

>  There are just over 1000 subscribers to the list (no gender figures
> available for those). You can see from
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lod/2013Jun/author.html who
> the most vocal participants are.
>
> Dan

If you like SPARQL you can achieve this using:

$ curl -H "Accept:text/csv" --data-urlencode "query=PREFIX
xsd:<http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#> SELECT ?creator (COUNT(?post) AS
?count) {<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lod/latest.rss>
<http://rdfs.org/sioc/ns#container_of> ?post . ?post
<http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/creator> ?creator;
<http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/date> ?date . FILTER
(xsd:dateTime(?date) > \"2013-06-01T00:00:00Z\"^^xsd:dateTime)} GROUP BY
?creator ORDER BY DESC(?count)"
euclid.sti2.org:8080/openrdf-sesame/repositories/platform

At the EUCLID review we had a nice Information Workbench front-end to
this monitoring endpoint - I'd like to open this up in the coming days
as I think most people would appreciate a barchart from a Web link,
rather than a CSV from a command-line.

That said, what I'd like to do is to send an email to each new poster
and invite them to fill out a form with their confirmed preferred name,
volunteered other identities (Twitter handle, etc.) and now I'm thinking
gender.

Would people find this very intrusive, or is that a worthwhile idea?

Barry