Re: Proof: Linked Data does not require RDF

On 6/18/13 7:32 PM, エリクソン トーレ wrote:
> [...]

Put differently, you produce more useful Linked Data via RDF. That's
something that easily demonstrable too!

> I would be interested in seeing some linked data that is incompatible
> with RDF while still adhering to rules like using global identifiers
> and typed links.

Nobody is claiming that Linked Data is incompatible with RDF. The point
being made is that you can produce Linked Data, that 100% compliant with
TimBL's original Linked Data meme, without any knowledge or use of RDF.
That's all. None of that implies RDF is useless etc.. It simply means
that Linked Data and RDF aren't the same thing.

Linked Data and RDF have a mutually beneficial association.

> Tore
>
> * I wouldn't consider linked data with untyped links usefuld, but I
>    guess some people might...

Nobody has made any claims of that kind.

BTW -- What is an untyped link? As far as I know there aren't any
untyped Links on the World Wide Web, it just so happens that the
semantics of the relations denoted by said links aren't necessarily
machine-comprehensible  (or interpretable) :-)

Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software
Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Twitter/Identi.ca handle: @kidehen