Re: Monitoring subscribers on the list

On 18 June 2013 15:43, Barry Norton <barry.norton@ontotext.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know if the number of subscribers on the list can be monitored?
>
> I have a limited degree of monitoring, for the EUCLID project, through the
> RSS feed and Web scraping, but I'm struggling to measure:
> 1) what fraction of subscribers the vocal minority of posters are;
> 2) how unsubscriptions correlate with the length of current threads.

I have access to a list admin tool that gives me the current count. I
don't believe time-series data is easily available.

The list has 1063 subscribers/survivors currently. Semantic-Web@ has
1344; the defunct www-rdf-logic has 433. I've no idea how many bounce
(I believe some bouncing can cause auto-unsubscription). You can
approximate frequent poster stats manually from e.g.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lod/2013Jun/author.html ...
I'm not aware of an machine-friendly version.

I don't unsubscribe from lists any more, I just pipe them into
folders. I guess others do the same?

Dan