Re: Fwd: The need for RDF in Linked Data

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 5:28 PM, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>wrote:

> First off, this is an important debate that's also getting healthier. It's
> one this community should really have addressed years ago i.e., the moment
> TimBL altered his original meme.

Kingsley, I agree that this is a very healthy discussion. But I fear it's
leading us nowhere. You have your opinion and I have mine.

I (and others) have tried with some evidence, and you've tried with some
evidence as well. But neither of us is changing their minds.

I am not sure how to continue this discussion. Nothing you've said so far
has proven to me that Linked Data can be used without RDF. And I wasn't
successful at proving to you the opposite.

Let's go back to actual work. The definition of what exactly Linked Data is
will constantly evolve and change. Let's let the adoption decide what
Linked Data actually means. Let's not impose it ourselves.

Luca