Re: RDF's challenge

On 6/11/13 3:27 PM, Sven R.Kunze wrote:
> You said TOOLs. That’s correct. I’d like a way to natively work with
> RDF graphs on Web browsers as I can do it with rdflib in Python or
> with Virtuoso and SPARQL on the server side.
> I do not wanna care about the serialization as I have the abstract
> model that gives me everything I need to work with. If a framework
> needs to serialize RDF into what ever form the client needs, so be it.
> What does it have to do with me?
> However, I never found such solution for Web clients. Usually, I have
> to convert my triples to some ’native’ Web formats like JSON or XML
> that the other side has to parse by some non-abstract way in order to
> create its fancy presentation. That increases the complexity tremendously.

We actually built such a thing years ago, and basically had to leave it
on the back-burner until a time when the need would be much clearer. The
toolkit we built is called OAT [1][2] and it did provide that kind of
abstraction. We even have a service [3][4] that just lets you work with
Linked Data URIs via URIs that abstract your interactions with different
data sources via 75+ data access drivers/cartridges.

Links:

1. http://oat.openlinksw.com
2. http://sourceforge.net/projects/oat/files/ -- old archive (we can
release this to github on a moments notice with the latest sources)
3. http://linkeddata.uriburner.com
4. http://ode.openlinksw.com.

Kingsley

Founder & CEO