Re: There's No Money in Linked Data

On 6/7/13 11:25 AM, Gannon Dick wrote:
> Lots of people make lots of money from data, structured data and
> Linked Data.  This is a good thing. But data is a perpetuity not an
> annuity.

Depends on who is claiming the annuity. For instance, imagine a world in
which you charge the annuity for access to your master profile data.

Master profile data? That's data curated by "You" and culled from a
plethora of sources that include those Web 2.0 social networks that once
thought the joke was on "You" etc..

> The math works fine if correctly applied.

Yes. Thus, flip the script :-)

> Don't expect your Smart Phone or Robotic Agent to have a Banker's
> expectations, they are much too logical for that :-)

Not expecting that. I believe in the magic of being you!

Links: http://youid.openlinksw.com -- for a teaser !

Kingsley