Re: Making Linked Data Fun

On 11/19/10 11:39 AM, John Erickson wrote:
> This "single most powerful demo available" is an epic fail on Ubuntu
> 10.10 + Chrome.

End-users don't use Ubuntu + Chrome. It should be an epic fail for that
demographic :-)

This is for end-users, not for Linux geeks.
> The most recent release of Moonlight just doesn't cut
> it (and shouldn't have to).
>
> Could we as a community *possibly* work towards a rich data
> visualization/presentation toolkit built on, say, HTML5?

Hopefully.

Look closer at Pivot, it tells many stories.

It can be written in HTML5, so happy to see it developed ASAP :-)

But our first goal was to get it done with the PivotViewer control from
Microsoft which works across Windows and Mac OS X, and supports all the
main browsers (including Opera).

Kingsley

> On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 11:20 AM, Aldo Bucchi<aldo.bucchi@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Kingsley,
>>
>> On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 1:07 PM, Kingsley Idehen<kidehen@openlinksw.com>  wrote:
>>> All,
>>>
>>> Here is an example of what can be achieved with Linked Data, for instance
>>> using BBC Wild Life Finder's data:
>>>
>>> 1. http://uriburner.com/c/DI463N -- remote SPARQL queries between two
>>> instances (URIBurner and LOD Cloud Cache) with results serialized in CXML
>>> (image processing part of the SPARQL query pipeline) .
>> This is excellent!
>> Single most powerful demo available. Really looking fwd to what's coming next.
>>
>> Let's see how this shifts gears in terms of Linked Data comprehension.
>> Even in its current state, this is an absolute game changer.
>>
>> I know this was not easy. My hat goes off to the team for their focus.
>>
>> Now, just let me send this link out to some non-believers that have
>> been holding back my evangelization pipeline ;)
>>
>> Regards,
>>

>>> Enjoy!
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Regards,