Re: Making Linked Data Fun

You started ;)

On Nov 19, 2010, at 13:39, John Erickson <olyerickson@gmail.com> wrote:

> This "single most powerful demo available" is an epic fail on Ubuntu
> 10.10 + Chrome. The most recent release of Moonlight just doesn't cut
> it (and shouldn't have to).

What you see as a fail I see as a win.

> Could we as a community *possibly* work towards a rich data
> visualization/presentation toolkit built on, say, HTML5?

Will happen. But we need to stop investing asymmetrically. All tech, no marketing collateral. We need big players to see what we see.

This demo makes a major CTO "visualize" what linked data could do for his company in the long run, thus lowering the entry barrier for us today. In order for an industry to grow, we need participation and engagement.