Re: What would break, a question for implementors? (was Re: Is 303 really necessary?)

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 17:30:38 -0500
To: joel sachs <jsachs@csee.umbc.edu>
CC: nathan@webr3.org, Ian Davis <me@iandavis.com>, Pete Johnston <Pete.Johnston@eduserv.org.uk>, Linked Data community <public-lod@w3.org>
On 11/9/10 5:04 PM, joel sachs wrote:

>> A URI is just an Identifier. We can't  "Describe" what isn't
>> unambiguously Identified (Named);
>
> Kingsley,
>
> I think we can, though we might not be properly understood, e.g.
> "Kingsley was great in Gandhi and Sexy Beast."
>
> Wasn't this part of the summer's argument regarding literals as
> rdf:subjects , i.e.

Joel,

Let me be a little clearer re. my statement:

We can't produce high-fidelity descriptions of "Things" (Entities) if
the description Subjects aren't unambiguously Identified.

I believe, via Linked Data,  we are seeking to produce high-fidelity
Linked Data meshes that scale.

English is but one of several syntaxes.

Global scale is an integral goal of the mission, Methinks.

Kingsley Idehen
President&  CEO
OpenLink Software
Web: http://www.openlinksw.com