Re: 200 OK with Content-Location might work

Hi Tore,

I think your point is in line with one of Ian's motives. At the end of
the day, it's pretty obvious that a Toucan ain't going to fly down the
wire and pop out of your screen so the distinction between IR and NIR is
one that only those at the nerd end of the geek-nerd continuum are ever
going to care about. Also, it seems that Content-Location, *if*
implemented properly, does maintain the distinction. Halving the number
of HTTP requests to get the data you probably want is no bad thing.

As others have said, most folk don't see and couldn't care less about
the HTTP headers. It's that aspect that makes me wary of, but not
actually opposed to, 200 with C-L - it's easier to get away with
mistakes if most people don't see them. 303 is more open as it affects
the address bar in the browser (assuming it's visible). But, as the
scammers and spammers know very well, most people don't look at that either.

This thread has probably run long enough. I unsubscribed from the TAG
mailing list mainly because I couldn't stand any more debate about IRs
vs NIRs. So, I'm going to shut up and go with the flow (and I have to
sort out wdrs:describedby this morning too!)

Cheers

Phil.

--

Phil Archer