Re: MusicBrainzRe: : Where is the linkage?

Simon Reinhardt wrote:
> Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>> We have a new Musicbrainz dump, and it will be integrated into
>> DBpedia (I think Georgi is working on this). There will soon be a
>> public dump available to others in the coming days.
>
> Did you consider working with Yves? He spent a lot of time mapping
> MusicBrainz' Advanced Relationships to Music Ontology terms already.
Yes.

Yves is very much aware of all of this.

All we've done is produce an update of original work done by Yves and
Fred (co-authors of Music Ontology) re. initial MusicBrainz dump.
> Personally I'd prefer if there was a combined effort and *one* mapping
> of MB into LOD to make things more consistent. Also having
> dereferencable URIs would be nice (which is never going to happen if
> you use MB's URIs, given how excited Robert Kaye is about RDF - not).
Don't really know how you could expect me to be associated with output
that wasn't Linked Data in the purest sense. I am not an isolationist :-)

Have you looked at what has been produced?

Kingsley

> Regards,
>  Simon

President & CEO