Re: Semantic Web pneumonia and the Linked Data flu

On 2/9/09 9:45 AM, Yves Raimond wrote:
> That's exactly the approach we took inhttp://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes
> and onhttp://ww.bbc.co.uk/music/beta. We  publish linked data by
> "just" writing a new view in a Ruby-on-Rails-like framework. The cost
> of doing that is really, really extremely low if your web application
> is well designed (well designed = one URI per thing). I think most web
> developers getting the "the website is the API" slogan know exactly

Yves,

"the web site is the API" is a fine slogan for a developer audience. But
what about none developers? For instance, Data Architects, Data
Integrators etc.. People who don't necessarily see code as the vehicle
for maintainable and long term data integration i.e. people that see Web
sites as Data Spaces loosley coupled to the World Wide Web.

Links:

1. http://db.cs.berkeley.edu/claremont/halevy.ppt

President&  CEO