Re: Semantic Web pneumonia and the Linked Data flu

On 2/9/09 9:13 AM, Georgi Kobilarov wrote:
> This is a point I have always brought up... it is hard! It is hard to
> produce LD and hard to consume LD. No sane person will want to do
> maintain this. Yves just explained everything he goes through and it
> is wayyy to much! The majority of the data on the web is stored in
> rdbms. Therefore, IMO, it is crucial to develop automatic ways of
> creating RDF from relational data and linking it automatically. If
> this is not going to happen, the whole web that runs on rdbms, will
> not have an incentive to create LD. This is my futuristic position.

Do you know any solutions that produce RDF Linked Data from RDBMS
sources? Any that exist right now and can deliver such capability across
any ODBC or JDBC accessible DBMS? What about such a thing even going as
far as providing working examples for every major DBMS engine?

At what time in the future do you expect such a product to emerge?

President&  CEO