Re: How do you deprecate URIs? Re: OWL-DL and linked data

Hi All,

I like the suggestion to use the literal value of the URI, but as pointed
out, literals can't be used as subjects. One way to get around this is to
model the statements as a semantic
"frame"<http://framenet.icsi.berkeley.edu/papers/miriamp.FS2.pdf>(along
the lines of your "deprecator" example). So you'd have somthing like:

<onto:rec> <rdf:type> <onto:URIRecord>
<onto:rec> <onto:describes> "http//example.com/a"
<onto:rec> <onto:status> <onto:deprecated>

This way, the resource you're making the statements about always end up as
the value of the triple.

More generally, I think this deprecation issue points to a need for an
ontology for describing URIs, based on a scheme like this, since we wish to
make statements about the reference URI itself, as opposed to its referent.
It might allow you to say things like:s

<onto:rec> <rdf:type> <onto:URIRecord>
<onto:rec> <onto:describes> "http//example.com/a"
<onto:rec> <onto:publisher> <some:group>

-sherman

--
I pray that you may prosper in all things and be healthy, even as your soul
prospers