Linked Data Web group on LinkedIn : Linked Data, Linked People

From: Bernard Vatant <bernard.vatant@mondeca.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 10:44:25 +0200
To: Linking Open Data <public-lod@w3.org>

All

I just had a look at figures of the Linked Data Web group on LinkedIn,
which counts 178 members to date. Granted, this is a very small
community compared to the 23 million LinkedIn users, but it's steadily
growing. What I found interesting is the small world effect, illustrated
by the proportion of this group members within my personal network,
which is over 90%.
Among those 178 people :

    40 are 1st degree connections (= 30% of my 1st degree connections!)
    74 are 2nd degree
    50 are 3rd degree

... small world indeed!

It figures also, if those social connections were available themselves
as linked data, relations of people with each other and with linked data
sets those people are involved in / managing ... would make an
interesting social gateway to the GGG.

Bernard

--

*Bernard Vatant