Re: validation of json-ld to context schema

> On Dec 3, 2014, at 12:29 PM, Kesterson, Robert D <robert.d.kesterson@lmco.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I found the schema.org context (by using the ACCEPT header and curl). However, what was returned confused me. I expected the context to layout the type/class hierarchy of the vocabulary but instead it provided a limited number of key names definitions.
>
> When I use Google Email Markup Tester it does validate the keys are allowed for a given type, but I don’t see how the context at schema.org provides the information that a type of Person exists. Hence my question is how is this validation done with schema.org? Not asking how goggle does it, but how does the spec direct the look up that a Person is a type?

I auto-generate a schema.org <http://schema.org/> context using code in my implementation (see https://github.com/ruby-rdf/json-ld/blob/develop/etc/schema.org.jsonld <https://github.com/ruby-rdf/json-ld/blob/develop/etc/schema.org.jsonld>); it also includes the entire vocabulary definition (in this case, laid out for rendering using D3.js). Downside is that it is a bit chunky, but a JSON-LD processor using it as a context will ignore the vocabulary bits.

Someday, Google may publish something more like this. I’ve encouraged Dan to use something like this, but the Ruby toolset has been a barrier for that infrastructure. But, I agree that a more complete context/vocabulary definition at http://schema.org/ <http://schema.org/> would be a good idea. The HTTP version could use rel=describedby to reference the vocabulary too.

Gregg