Re: GSoC Final Project Deadlines

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 9:42 PM, Markus Lanthaler
<markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>wrote:

> On Wednesday, September 11, 2013 11:35 AM, vikash agrawal wrote
> > - and doesn't work in IE10 (have a look if it can be fixed. If not, say
> so in the tool).
> >
> > Tested on IE9 and its not working. Though couldnt test it on IE10. But
> will do it soon.
>
> Microsoft just released a preview of IE11. It should work there I think
> but I haven't tried it yet

ok, but I dont know, will I able to test in that or not.

> > - The produced JSON-LD data should use an external context
> > (http://json-ld.org/contexts/linkedin.jsonld)
> >
> > Done.
>
> You use two external contexts. Please combine them into one.

Over IRC Manu had said to keep it that way. So I wrote in so.

> > - Skills are not of type schema:CreativeWork
> >
> > Removed.
>
> Since all of them are now blank nodes with a single property (name) it's
> probably better to simply replace the array of objects with an array of
> strings ("skills": [ "JSON-LD", "programming", "..." ])

Initially it was this way, and then it was told to keep it like this {
'name' : ...}

> > - The whole thing is a blank node but you've got the publicProfileUrl,
> > use it (don't use schema.org/url for that)
> >
> >- You seem to discard a whole lot of information (start/end dates,
> degrees,
> > languages, ...)
> >
> > Will try to enhance more in the next iteration. :)
>
> Still not done even though you said on IRC the other day that the tool is
> ready for review. Sorry, I don't have the time to review stuff several
> times and re-check whether all the previous feedback I have been giving has
> been implemented.

I meant the polishing of tools, in terms of UI.

> > - This is a personal preference: Please don't ask for and don't
> > include the email address. Most people are very cautious of handing out
> > their email address (at least in Europe).
> >
> > Done.
>
> Only partly. The tool still requests the email address from LinkedIn. Most
> people don't want that to happen. The checkbox you added only removes it
> from the JSON-LD output

Markus, well the checkbox works the way it should. When checked it adds
email field and when unchecked it removes it.

If you want the request shouldn't be fired then I will do it that way, but
everytime a new request will be fired when the checkbox for email would be
checked or unchecked.

> --
> Markus Lanthaler
> @markuslanthaler